Thursday, October 4, 2012

FSCB Challenge 7 - Movies : The Mistress

Oh God.. the movie was great! It was something that touch me and my Mom on two accounts : the extra curricular activity of a husband, having a mistress and that of a father and son relationship.

My father died on 24 May 2009, he was 71 years old, and had left my Mom for another woman. The mistress was the other family for 20 years, her name is Chili Uy.  I was instrumental in confirming what had been kept as a secret from us for that two decades.

The last time I talked to my father was in April 2006, when the family had a impromptu confrontation about the mistress.  I feel sad and sorry that my father passed away without the reconciliation ... on this, scrapbooking had been so therapeutic.

The base is the white backside of a 12 x 12 paper, the upper right hand corner where from a 8.5 x 11 Movie theme paper pack, and the bottom left is an 8 x 8 Magic theme paper pack. I added the bottom for that balance that sort of create a diagonal line. And added the gems for that elegance to it. It can stand for more embellishments but I like my simple layouts....

Layout entered for :

1. Filipino Scrapbookers' Challenge Blog
2. Wifey's Challenge #8 - J for Jewel

2 comments:

  1. The gems are a a nice added touch bringing attention to the photo.

    Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! the beautiful gems and papers you used made this layout look so elegant. Thanks again for playing along with us at Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete