Friday, March 15, 2013

2nd card using Magnolia Stamps of Ate Cecille

 In a previous post, I wrote the simple steps in making a card as tutored by Ate Cecille Atengco. Ate not only shared her knowledge but also her Magnolia stamps. Instead of a picture, Magnolia stamps or any other stamp can be used.

The Magnolia stamp is colored using a water brush with Tim Holtz distressed inks. I colored the stamps at home and I have only 6 basic colors. Other alternative coloring mediums are colored pens or watercolor.

I received my stamp prize from Filipino Scrapbookers' Challenge Blog last wednesday, 13 March 2013 - and I used one of the quotes "have a glorious day"  to stamp on the heart and then I embossed it as the message.

The base paper of the cover is 6 x 6 cut out from Canon watercolor paper. Again, the idea for not cutting the perforated side is something I saw from the works of Ime Oranga. Simple and yet nice.

I saw these flower cutout that I used instead of a paper doily in the FSCB Challenge 15 - it is 2 toned, not because I did something on the paper. I think what happened is that my Mom had been stashing so much, that before she stored this one, some oil or liquid had been poured accidentally thus changing the color.

All the patterned papers used are form All About Scrapbooking, again... just stashed as all the sets are no longer available. The flowers from upper left hand corner were bought from Karen Ngo at Lasting Impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment