Thursday, July 26, 2012

2012 July Layout - OBET

Ok, the 2nd Challenge of Filipino Scrapbookers' Challenge Blog is a given, they provide the layout but with Kaboodle Doodles - what embellishment to use? Already use the handmade heart strings banner and it would be inappropriate for a male layout?

Solution: Create your own banner! I cut some of the violet abaca string from AAS and for the banners, i used AAS ribbons folded and then stapled! To attach on the base, I used AAS clear dots! The AAS clear dots are a bit thicker than other brands, like 3M, but I dont mind since it simply adds a little bit more dimension.

I also used my Mom's stash - I saw that coconut tree on her basket. And then I cut out a small circle with the Island for counterbalance of the coconut tree! The base paper is from a celebrate birthday theme while the blue bottom is a layer from their summer theme which I cut out for use in other pages.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful LO! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “What’s In” Challenge & the challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Beautiful! love the coconut and love the banner you created. Thanks again for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete