Monday, July 2, 2012

Filipino Scrapbookers' Challenge 1 - Take 1

I started this blog and it simply stayed in limbo. This 2012, found myself with more time. I came across the Filipino Scrapbookers' Challenge and they provided this sketch layout.  Nice thing about such layout it provides a direction to take and all.

For the challenge, I decided to take it as is then slowly rotate the given layout by 90 degrees - I mean its like using an ipad or any tablet pc - moving it somehow changes the orientation.

For the band, I used a pink colored based and then place white velvet design to provide some texture and all.  I love stamps so i used  acrylic stamp to create a sort of medal and likewise for the journal. I opened up this heart felt which I used for all four various takes.

5 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch and how you incorporated a stamp (acrylic to boot) as an embellishment on your layout.

    I haven't yet discovered how to create a link to the comment section. What you did is right by posting on the comment section the address of your blogpost for Layout #1.

    However, I see that you have 4 LOs created for our sketch challenge #1. You have to post each of the blogpost links for each of the (4) layouts at our comment section of sketch challenge #1 so that we all in the team can keep track of each entry.

    Sayang kung di mabilang. =)

    Thanks so much for joining our 1st challenge at Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your creations, Bert!

    Cheers!

    Kathleen
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. so this first take is already considered as an entry? am still trying to determine how to place the link directly.

      If not for your challenge I would not be be able to restart my blog again.

      Delete
    2. With the old blogger or blogspot, it was easy to affix a link to on our comment section but with the changes in blogger/blogspot, I think they've disabled that option. Have been researching it since last year.

      I usually affix links on comments section but due to the changes or the new blogspot/blogger, I'm no longer able to do so. :(

      Your 1st post address which leads directly to this post, is indeed your or our 1st entry, Bert. Yay, for being our 1st entrant! Thanks so much! I'm glad your enjoying our sketch challenge. =)

      Will wait for you to post the blogpost address of your (3) LOs. =)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining our 1st challenge... hope to see more coming po!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bert! beautiful layout. Thanks for playing along in our 1st challenge.

    ReplyDelete