Thursday, July 26, 2012

2012 July Layouts - HELLO

Totally inspired by Filipino Scrapbookers's Challenge Blog second challenge that I decided to create a 20 page album to celebrate my Mom's 71st bday, afterall, I already have done 12 layouts - so here starts 8 more!

The picture is of me and my Mom waving at the beach, thus - nature inspired, a handmade base picture and sissal. I also used 5 AAS bookplates - fast way of providing journals and embellishments.

Bookplates look better with brads. The brads likewise provide a more important function : I used it to place the sissal and the base blue mat for the picture! The sissal is nice, it adds texture and that unique nature touch, but its not easy to paste or glue, but sturdy enough to simply used brads to attach it!

As a Pinoy scrapper - we maximize! For the bar of the challenge, I placed the yellow ribbon and then for that pizazz, a small blue ribbon, then I framed it on the negative of an AAS border sticker. The border sticker is used on another layout.

I used stamps on the backside of AAS paper scraps for three of the embellishments.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo! And how sweet of you to create an album for your mom for her birthday. =)

    Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layering and beautiful photo. Your mom will love and appreciate the album your putting together for her birthday.Thanks again for joining in our sketch challenge at the Filipino Scrapbookers Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete